Friday, January 28, 2011

Almost Moving Day

Tomorrow is Shabbat and not only do I have to schlep (yep) all of my worldly belongings and my cat across the Bay, I have to do it in a UHaul, without a navigator.  Let's pray I don't go off the bridge or hit any small children or anything.  Seriously.  Oh, no - now I'm worried about it.  Okay, I'm over it.

On a positive note, plenty of wonderful friends are also giving up their Shabbat to help me.  I'll have to make it worth their while with Dream Fluff donuts (OMG) and champagne and grapefruit juice*.  Breakfast of champions?

Now that I'll be in San Francisco, I'll have a whole new world of Jewish events and places to explore.  It's exciting!  If anyone has suggestions, please give a shout over email or in the comments.

*I thought this drink was called a bellini, but apparently that's champagne and peach puree.  According to Yahoo!, champagne and grapefruit juice in combination is called a Moon Walk.  I don't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment