Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm about to start reading. And looking.

A while back, I posted on this blog for book recommendations on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and a few folks chimed in with thoughts. Did I read anything people suggested? No, of course not. These days, my brain refuses to handle anything but great fiction (Freedom!) or graphic novels. That's why I was super pumped to hear about Sarah Glidden's new How to Understand Israel In 60 Days Or Less. In words - and PICTURES - she talks about her preconceptions as a progressive Jew embarking on a Birthright trip, and how her expectations were and weren't met once she was there. I'll post a book review when I've gotten through it.

In unrelated news, my parents got me a record player for my birthday and, in addition to the many records I inherited from their existing collections, I also went and picked up some new ones last night at Amoeba in Berkeley. Among the new favorites is the soundtrack to T.C.B. featuring Diana Ross and the Supremes with the Temptations. It's so great, and ALSO they refer quite frequently to people who are "T.C.B." - taking care of business. I'm going to start slipping that into everyday speech and see what happens. I encourage you to do the same and get in on the ground floor before the trend catches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment