Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Chavurah gets underway

After a fun night out last night, I dragged my still full belly (TOO. MUCH. CHOCOLATE.) out of bed this morning and biked the six miles to Beth El for an organizational meeting for the Chavurot they're starting there. A Chavurah, according to the Union of Reform Judaism, is "a group of people (individuals, couples, families) who get together on a regular basis to celebrate Jewish life." I signed Ilan and I up a while ago in hopes we'd get to know a few new people like us to do fun Jewish things with. (Writing that reminds me of Dirty Dancing, when Baby's sister sarcastically says to her, "Quite the joiner, aren't we?")

Anyway, this particular meeting was for liaisons, who coordinate the meetings of the Chavurot and connect with folks at Beth El with updates and in search of necessary resources. I don't remember signing up for that job, but apparently I did and that's the role I found myself in this morning. Thankfully, another "no children, 20- or 30-something" group member, Dan, showed up as well and we agreed to tag team some of the liaison duties moving forward. I'm really looking forward to meeting the others in my Chavurah and planning our first meeting. I'm thinking dessert and drinks at Cafe Trieste. . . Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment